Finance business partner to functional leaders. Assists in providing and effectively communicating accurate financial data and analysis to internal and external constituents in a timely manner. Ensures adequate level of internal controls over financial information. Works with other departments to record, analyze and report financial information to management and support decision making.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly close, particular attention to analysis of sales transactions and the impact on revenue recognition including profitability analysis by product line and other.
- Review, analyzes, and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of financial records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with SOFO accounting policies, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Assist in reviews, designs, or implements various accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Assist in preparing quarterly management and board of director’s reports and ad hoc reports as needed by other departments.
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting.
- Supports quarterly audit reviews and annual audit. Prepares supporting work papers and coordinates procedures with external auditors.
- Prepares income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows. Assists with quarterly and annual reports.
Experience & Qualifications
- Strong financial reporting background, with GAAP research and interpretation experience, preferably including SEC reporting.
- Strong financial analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Able to understand our business strategies, products and markets and anticipate the impact on related accounting, risks, and other factors.
- Ability to gather data, analyze and compile information and prepare reports. Ability to effectively and proactively communicate and collaborate with a wide range of people. Ability to work autonomously.
- Familiar with a variety of financial, accounting, and operational concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal as well as both verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail oriented and organized.
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience, preferably some experience in public accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or equivalent professional experience required.