Finance business partner to functional leaders. Assists in providing and effectively communicating accurate financial data and analysis to internal customers in a timely manner. Works with other departments to record, analyze and report financial information to management and support decision making.
- Use Microsoft Excel to prepare, analyze, and distribute financial reports which are done on weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadences.
- Work with business partners and senior leaders to develop cost center budgets and provide ongoing analysis of spending vs budget, forecast, and prior year.
- Assist with building annual budget and quarterly financial forecasts for entire organization.
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly income statements.
- Find ways to improve existing processes and reports as the business changes to gain efficiencies and provide value to organization.
- Work with business partners to prepare financial models for various projects.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and provide support to justify.
- Assist in preparing quarterly management and board of director’s reports and ad hoc reports as needed by other departments.
- Support quarterly audit reviews and annual audit. Prepare supporting work papers and coordinates procedures with external auditors.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or equivalent professional experience required.
- Strong analytical and communication skills – being able to dig into data while being able to effectively communicate findings to business partners and management.
- Ability to effectively and proactively communicate and collaborate with a wide range of people including senior leaders. Ability to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to build and modify complex financial models in Microsoft Excel.
- Be willing to embrace change. Sonic Foundry is a growth company that moves quickly, and FP&A is working to start processes that support the growth.
- Familiar with a variety of financial, accounting, and operational concepts, practices and procedures.
- Able to understand our business strategies, products and markets and anticipate the impact on related accounting, risks, and other factors.
- 3-5 years of analyst experience, preferably some experience in FP&A.
LinkedIn Profile / Website
Sonic Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion are both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Sonic Foundry uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Thank you for your interest in Sonic Foundry!