The Account Executive is responsible for the Sonic Foundry business in a given region.
- Responsible for all sales of products & services within the region
- Generate sales leads, follow up on internally generated existing leads and support existing customers
- Provide demonstrations of the Mediasite product as appropriate
- Generate a regional business plan and forecasting data and continue manage to plan, while keeping sales activity updated in Salesforce.com
- Develop sales strategy within region utilizing channel partners
- Perform investigative research within an account set to determine who the key targets are
- Introduce current and prospective customers to SOFO’s many solutions including professional & events services
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous experience selling into higher education, events/association, and corporate market
- Technical background is a plus, must want to use and demonstrate the Mediasite product
- Entrepreneurial mindset helpful
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering client focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple accounts at a time while paying attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 7+ years of account management and direct sales experience necessary
- Bachelor's degree is a related field preferred
- Must speak the native language of the region
LinkedIn Profile / Website
Sonic Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion are both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Sonic Foundry uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Thank you for your interest in Sonic Foundry!