The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for a range of general accounting tasks but primarily for all accounting work regarding the processing of accounts payable and expense reporting. This role works with other departments to record, analyze, and report financial information to management and support decision making.
- Monitor the Company’s accounts payable process and identify payments for processing
- Enter invoices, reimbursements, and payment authorizations via multiple processes into accounts payable module for payment
- Verify proper authorization and general ledger account coding, and entering monthly journal entries
- Maintain Detailed Aging for all vendor accounts
- Research and investigate accounts payable issues
- Perform monthly reconciliations, and prepare such tax forms such as 1099-Misc
- Communicate with internal team members for all accounts payable questions
- Communicate with vendors regarding payment questions and resolutions and respond to vendor account queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Act as the Salesforce Finance Administrator for review of all incoming vendor payment requests
- Serve as the Concur Finance Administrator for review of all incoming expense reimbursement requests
- Generate all outgoing ACH payments, Wire Transfers, and manual checks through US Bank
- Ensure that internal controls and processes are followed to ensure accurate and timely payment of vendor invoices by maintaining strong time management and accuracy skills
- Support quarterly audit reviews and annual audit
- Additional projects/tasks related to accounting close, financial metrics, and internal controls, as assigned
Experience & Qualifications
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 1 year of corporate accounts payable experience including interaction with a large vendor base
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- Great communication, problem solving, and analytical skills required
- Agility and ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently and adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, etc.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Creative, self-disciplined, and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
LinkedIn Profile / Website
Sonic Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion are both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Sonic Foundry uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Thank you for your interest in Sonic Foundry!