The Manager of UX Design is responsible for leading a team that envisions, validates, and creates world class user experiences.
- Manage a team of UX designers responsible for the design of new user experiences consistent with objectives & requirements, existing products & capabilities, and design standards
- Manage a team of UX researchers partnering closely with product owners to measure, hypothesize, test, and change user experiences to drive continuous improvement and optimization
- Partner with product, engineering, scrum, and quality leadership to execute and improve Sonic Foundry's product development practices
- Participate in heuristic evaluations and research activities as needed to support design validation
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research to understand jobs to be done and to design workflows, documented through user stories and acceptance criteria
- Maintain, improve, and evangelize product design standards
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience on a Product team utilizing quantitative and qualitative data to drive the design and experience of enterprise-class Web applications
- 2+ years managing a team of UX Designers and/or UX Researchers
- Strength in information architecture, wireframing, interaction design, and rapid prototyping, and the restraint to properly iterate in an agile development process
- Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and an ability to articulate the value across a multidisciplinary team
- Proven experience with usability heuristics and an ability to properly apply them across a variety of ecosystems and use cases
- Superior communication skills and presentation skills, with an ability to transfer ideas to a diverse audience of executives, product managers, software engineers, and other key stakeholders
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), cognitive psychology, product design or related field OR equivalent experience
LinkedIn Profile / Website
Sonic Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion are both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Sonic Foundry uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Thank you for your interest in Sonic Foundry!