Supports customers of Sonic Foundry’s business line with advanced excellent technical troubleshooting, great customer service, deep understanding of our product capabilities and how they operate in our client’s environments, and a passion for problem solving in a high growth environment.
- Provides support via telephone, e-mail, and ticketing solution for end-users, resellers, and Sonic Foundry Employees
- Reproduces and researches technical issues with the development team to determine root causes
- Documents solutions to problems for both internal and external processes
- Interfaces regularly with the product team to relay customer feedback and use cases to help steer the product roadmap
- Tests software releases before public availability to determine customer use cases and identify potential questions for which to prepare customer facing training and product documentation
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field preferred or equivalent professional experience required.
- Knowledge of procedures and processes as it relates to customer support/service is required.
- in depth knowledge of all Sonic Foundry lines of business and the associated product lines, products and supported custom development.
- Strong understanding of corresponding technical concepts with the aptitude to learn new technologies. Ability to research unknown topics as they arise.
- Administration of Windows based servers, IIS, IIS Media Services, Windows Media Services, and MS SQL Server. Supreme command of Windows, basic Microsoft Office knowledge, primarily Outlook.
- Familiarity with networking technologies such as firewalls, caching devices, load balancers, NAS/SAN, is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the Internet and associated technologies.
- Familiarity with API documentation and functions.
- Familiarity with common hardware and software.
- Experience with audio / video equipment such as cameras, microphones, mixers, switches, and routing devices preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and to work in an independent manner.
LinkedIn Profile / Website
Sonic Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion are both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Sonic Foundry uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Thank you for your interest in Sonic Foundry!