The Vidable Platform Operations Engineer will be responsible for supporting public cloud platform operations and the associated workloads. They will assist in developing automated solutions to ongoing operational needs, and they will be involved in regular management, monitoring, and reporting activities required to ensure the stability and reliability of our high growth environments.
- Deploy infrastructure, shared services, and applications on major public cloud provider platforms, primarily AWS and Azure
- Monitor and remediate performance and reliability issues with public cloud applications and services
- Log and report on performance and reliability metrics of public cloud applications and services
- Troubleshoot complex situations, research solutions, and solve problems
Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years of traditional enterprise infrastructure experience, including familiarity with Windows, Linux, DNS, Firewalls and Load Balancing
- 2+ years of experience managing applications and services in public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS Solutions Architect – Associate, or other major cloud provider certifications are preferred
- Hands-on experience implementing and managing continuous deployment and delivery pipelines. Using version control systems (Git, Gitlab, GitHub, Bitbucket), including related build and deployment tools (Gitlab CI/CD, Maven, Jenkins, CodeBuild, etc.)
- Hands-on experience writing code using infrastructure-as-code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, AWS SDK, Pulumi). Configuration management tools (Packer, Ansible, Salt, Chef) are a plus
- Hands-on experience with container management and orchestration systems such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Ability to automate and script repeatable tasks utilizing industry standard languages (PowerShell, Python, Bash, Go)
- Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems in public cloud environments. Experience with third-party cloud observability tools is a plus (Datadog, New Relic, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Ability to implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance frameworks
LinkedIn Profile / Website
Sonic Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion are both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Sonic Foundry uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Thank you for your interest in Sonic Foundry!