Sonic Foundry and its Mediasite software help users capture, manage, and share their video content. It is used by community, corporate, and educational institutions to provide an easy and professional experience.
Sonic Foundry is now hiring Software Engineer interns to help build and improve our Mediasite applications. As an intern you will gain coding and industry experience. These internships have the potential to be upgraded to full-time positions and are fully compensated.
- Practical experience with a wide variety of software engineering tasks
- Collaborating hand-in-hand with skilled teams of software engineers
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with seasoned professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Develop, debug and test Mediasite applications/integrations.
- Work with your team in an Agile methodology to estimate, plan and complete tasks in a sprint period
- Identify potential improvements and make suggestions to your team
- Choose an improvement and lead the effort on implementation
Experience & Qualifications
- Enrolled in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 2+ semesters of course work with Object-Oriented Programming.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience with C#/.Net a plus
- Experience working with relational databases. (MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL...) a plus
- Experience working with a source code control system (Git, Gitlab, Github...) a plus
- Experience with Perforce source code control is a plus
LinkedIn Profile / Website
Sonic Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion are both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Sonic Foundry uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Thank you for your interest in Sonic Foundry!