Sales Account Representatives are required to prospect, profile, identify, demonstrate and close business with decision makers of companies and universities throughout their assigned territory or account lists. Sales Account Representatives work with prospects and customers through a highly consultative sales approach to identify the proper solution and guide the customer through the evaluation and purchase of Mediasite.
- Drive sales to meet personal and regional targets through prospecting, appointment setting, product demonstrations, sales pipeline management and accurate forecasting.
- Research, develop and manage key account prospect lists for designed regions or market segments.
- Conduct frequent outbound calls to new prospects and existing customers and partners to create new sales opportunities.
- Schedule and conduct software product demonstrations using web conferencing technology (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype4Business).
- Follow up with marketing generated leads that and perform tasks assigned through Salesforce.com.
- Respond to inbound sales inquiries.
- Travel on occasion as needed to meet with prospects and customers or to attend Mediasite user community events and trade shows.
- Coordinate with Sales Engineering team to deliver training, implementation and customer support.
- Complete order processing tasks for any orders in assigned territory
- Fulfill requests from sales leadership to develop pipeline overview summaries, provide sales forecast updates and document sales activities in the assigned territory or account lists.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- Strong desire to sell, familiarity with consultative sales processes.
- Outbound sales experience necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required in English and preferably one other language (German, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish).
- 5+ years of previous consultative sales experience.
- Experience with CRM (customer relationship management) software.
- Success working independently as part of a distributed team.