Responsible for providing and effectively communicating accurate financial data and analysis to internal and external constituents in a timely manner. Proactively researches relevant accounting, legal or industry issues and develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Monthly and quarterly close including detail review of balance sheet and income statement details and trends. Particular attention to analysis of sales transactions and the impact on software revenue recognition including multiple element analysis, channel issues, collect ability and other.
- Reviews, designs or implements various accounting policies and procedures. Company expert in software revenue recognition and related guidance.
- Prepares quarterly management and board of director’s reports and ad hoc reports as needed by other departments. Presents at various times to senior management, the audit committee or the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Manages quarterly reviews and annual audit. Prepares or directs preparation of supporting work papers and coordinates procedures with external auditors.
- Prepares trial balance, income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows. Writes quarterly and annual SEC reports and footnotes.
- Manages all aspects of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance and documentation of internal controls.
- Assists other departments/employees with special projects, and other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- Equivalent of 4 years of college (Bachelors degree in accounting) and equivalent professional license required, CPA preferred.
- Strong financial reporting background, with GAAP research and interpretation experience. Strong financial analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experience in software revenue.
- Able to understand our business strategies, products and markets and anticipate the impact on related accounting, risk and other factors.
- Ability to gather data, analyze and compile information and prepare reports. Ability to effectively and proactively communicate and collaborate with a wide range of people at all levels of the organization. Ability to work autonomously.
- Familiar with a variety of financial, accounting and operational concepts, practices, and procedures
- Proficient PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Dynamics - Solomon.
- Strong interpersonal as well as both verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred.