The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for contributing to an agile engineering team developing web applications focused on 360º video playback and interactivity.
- Subject matter expert providing vision and leadership to product line
- Work closely with your Scrum team (Product, Engineering, and QA) and supporting Scrum teams to build and validate solutions within budget and on time
- Invest in continuous learning to ensure adoption of best practices
- Assist Product and Engineering teams and other stakeholders in evolving product development tools and processes
- Develop custom software to integrate with existing systems
- Work in a fast-paced environment honoring commitments, deadlines, and deliverables
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to design and implement a/b tests of new capabilities and user flows
Experience & Qualifications
- Passion for writing great software and solving complex problems
- History of working well in a team environment
- Experience with user experience design
- Experience building usable and accessible web user interfaces
- Excellent programming abilities in an object-oriented language
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with front-end build systems
- Experience with agile (Scrum preferred)
- Experience working with a source code control system
- Familiarity with streaming media technology preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience
LinkedIn Profile / Website
Sonic Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion are both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Sonic Foundry uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Thank you for your interest in Sonic Foundry!