Assists in providing and effectively communicating accurate financial data and analysis to internal and external constituents in a timely manner. Ensures adequate level of internal controls over financial information. Works with other departments to record, analyze and report financial information to management and support decision making.
- Prepare accounting transactions and ensure the integrity of financial records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with SOFO accounting policies, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Execute monthly account reconciliations.
- Assist and involved with monthly and quarterly close and support timely SEC filings.
- Ensure compliance with various accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Aid in production of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements.
- Support quarterly audit reviews and annual audit.
- Work closely with stakeholders across functions in a fast-paced environment, able to provide solution to issues.
- Serve as back up for the accounts payable and the accounts receivable functions.
Experience & Qualifications
- GAAP Financial reporting background, preferably including SEC reporting.
- Auditing experience in a national public firm – Big 4 preferred
- Agility and ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently.
- Familiar with a variety of financial, accounting, and operational concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal as well as both verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail oriented and organized.
- 1 to 2 years of accounting experience, preferably some experience in public accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or equivalent professional experience required.
LinkedIn Profile / Website
Sonic Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion are both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Sonic Foundry uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Thank you for your interest in Sonic Foundry!