Financial Planning & Analysis Manager Apply
Assist in providing and effectively communicating accurate financial data and analysis to internal and external constituents in a timely manner. Proactively researches relevant accounting, legal or industry issues and develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Monthly and quarterly close including detail review of balance sheet and income statement details and trends. Particular attention to analysis of sales transactions and the impact on revenue recognition including multiple element analysis, channel issues, collectability and other. Performs chart of account maintenance.
Reviews, designs or implements various accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares quarterly management and board of director’s reports and ad hoc reports as needed by other departments.
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting.
- Manages quarterly reviews and annual audit. Prepares supporting work papers and coordinates procedures with external auditors.
- Prepares trial balance, income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows. Writes quarterly and annual reports and footnotes.
- Assists other departments with special projects and other duties as assigned
Experience & Qualifications
- Strong financial reporting background, with GAAP research and interpretation experience, preferably including SEC reporting. Strong financial analysis and problem solving skills.
- Able to understand our business strategies, products and markets and anticipate the impact on related accounting, risk and other factors.
- Ability to gather data, analyze and compile information and prepare reports. Ability to effectively and proactively communicate and collaborate with a wide range of people. Ability to work autonomously.
- Familiar with a variety of financial, accounting and operational concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proficient PC skills including Excel, PowerPoint, and Solomon.
- Strong interpersonal as well as both verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail oriented and organized.
- 7+ years of accounting experience, preferably some experience in public accounting.
- Equivalent of 4 years of college (Bachelors degree) and equivalent professional license required.