Sales Engineer Apply
Territory covers Australia & New Zealand
Assist in the presales and post sales stages of a customer evaluation & purchase process.
- Presales duties include: sales team support, customer conference calls, product presentations, technical demonstrations, installation and training.
- Post sales duties include field customer support (most notably calls regarding recent installs), assisting with customer upgrades and scaling of their Mediasite environment, and follow up with new & prospective customers regarding information they request during onsite visits or conference calls.
- Travels to promotional events to help sell & demonstrate the value of Mediasite, describe existing customer successes and conduct proof-of-concept & promotional content recording & streaming.
- Works with end user audio visual staff to acquire necessary sources for recordings.
- Works with end user IT staff to make network available for Mediasite in order to record content, stream to server or upload for on demand viewing.
- Assists other departments/employees with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Travel within the region to assist customers with both paid and un-paid (presales) engagements.
- Document deployments, use cases and product owners’ requirements
- Document customer interest from the region and communicate key buying or evaluation criteria to the account manager & sales leadership team.
Experience & Qualifications
- Strong Microsoft server systems and application support experience
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and problem-solving skills for Windows/Mac OS/browser, Windows server 2008/2012/2016, IIS and Microsoft SQL 2008/2014/2016.
- Background in two of the following areas:
- Microsoft server management and virtualization
- Firewall, storage and networking,
- Identity management,
- LTI and learning management systems
- Content Delivery Networks
- A/V production and AV integration
- Strong grounding in IT with a good understanding of network architecture as well as streaming technologies and protocols including MPEG-DASH, HTTP live streaming HLS.
- Working knowledge of perfmon, Fiddler, Wireshark, or similar diagnostic tools desirable
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in business / IT related field preferred.
- 5-10 years of professional experience in the video streaming industry, with experience in convergent IT technologies.
- Self-starter willing to work from a home office and manage time effectively
- Communication Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals; ability to communicate and interact cross-culturally. Ability to coach reseller partners on proper sales and positioning techniques. Ability to convey key customer successes and facilitate community amongst end users.